Thursday, September 11, 2008

Potato chip crusted chicken and rice casserole

I love when the weather starts to slowly turn, and you can tell that fall is coming!Yes, its just right around the corner! I've got the cooking bug. Any one else? I just love the warmth from the hot oven on a rainy day. So I am starting to dust all my cookbooks off from the shelf that I put away for the summer.
I got this recipe from one of my new favorite recipe sites. It was a quick delicious dinner! So I thought I would share and put a plug in for this site... Enjoy!
http://www.stephanieskitchen.com


Potato Chip Crusted Chicken and Rice Casserole
recipe by Stephanie
serves 4
1 1/2 cups rice (any kind will do)
3 cups water
4 chicken breasts, cubed and cooked with salt,pepper,onion powder and garlic powder
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup light mayo
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 cups regular potato chips, crushed


1. Add water and rice to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Put a lid on it and reduce heat to low. Cook for about 20 minutes. Set aside.
2. Mix yogurt, mayo, chicken soup, lemon juice, garlic and salt and pepper until creamy and smooth. Add chicken and rice and mix well. Scoop into individual ramekins or a baking pan and top with crushed potato chips. Put into a 350 degree oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.

5 comments:

Johnson said...

mmmm, I am going to have to try that one. Sounds delicious. I too am LOVING this weather. I want to make some stew or something. It is so wonderful. I can't wait to get out the Halloween decorations. It is taking everything in me to hold back another 2 weeks.

benandkiki said...

That looks good. I love cooking in the fall too. There are so many different meals that are just better in the fall and winter. The holidays and seasons are so much fun with food too. Congratulations on Baby number 2. When are you due?

Melynda said...

That looks so yummy...love your recipe posts :) SO I totally somehow missed the post below...CONGRATS!!! I am so excited for you guys!! That made me so happy when I saw that. I know you have been patiently waiting and well...now it's time :) Hope you are doing good and feeling well...can't wait to meet #2!

Cathy Duffy said...

thanks for the recipe. i'm always looking for yummy new recipes. congrats on the baby too. we are so excited for you both

Heidi Kjar said...

I just saw your post below!! How far along are you???? CONGRATS!!!