Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's a boy!

After a few eventful trips to the doctor, we finally know that our newest addition is a boy! We are thrilled! One of each right off the bat, not bad huh?
We were actually supposed to find out on James' birthday, last week. We planned to wait for this, as a birthday present. So we all got ready at 7am, and ready to head out the door by 8. The phone rang, and it was the OB office telling us the tech was sick and we had to reschedule! As you can imagine we were pretty let down. After my little cry, I was fine and ready to wait another week. (I know we are so spoiled these days to even have the option to find out, but I just couldnt help it!)

The ultra sound went great. I could watch that all day. Its so amazing how you can see 4D now! When the tech refered to the boy parts as a "turtle" we werent sure weather or not to laugh, but we were thrilled at the news! Its nice to be able to say "he" instead of "It" or "the baby."

26 comments:

Emily said...

How exciting!!! Gracie will be a really good big sister and I'm sure he will get to share in her dress ups and "tea parties" :-) I haven't seen the 4D ultrasounds yet but I hear it is amazing! There are so many new things since I had Kate!

Jenn said...

Congratulations!!! We also had a girl and then a boy. We LOVE it! Davis drives Emma's Barbies in his dump truck, and everyone is happy! Wahoo!

brittani c. said...

Sorry that you had so much trouble with rescheduling. Now you'll get a whole new experience with a baby boy :) Congrats Katie and James!

smiths said...

Congratuations! We love having a girl and a boy. We are really happy for you! Love, Brenda

benandkiki said...

Wohoo, congratulations! That is so exciting. How fun it wil be to go shop for a little boy.

Rosander said...

That is so awesome!!!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you. I hear boys and girls are night and day, so you'll have to let me know if it's true. Congrats! That is so exciting!

kidsmom said...

Congratulations! It is so exciting. You are in for new adventures with this. Anytime you have different sexes they are amazingly different and yet divinely blessed with their gender. Do you have any names picked out?

Karyn said...

Yeah! It's so fun having one of each. Congratulations!

Sheila said...

AHHH!! YAY!! I'm so excited for James to have a finishing buddy!!

SuzyO said...

I can't wait to meet the little guy!

heather peck said...

yay!!! how fun to have one of each, i am way excited for you!!!!

EJNielsen said...

Congrats to you all! Boys are sure fun to have but I'm biased. :)

Bryan and Ashley said...

How awesome! One of each will definitely be so much fun! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Noelle said...

Hi Katie! I came across your blog and I'm s excited for you! Little boys are so much fun! We were both lucky enough to get 1 of each for our first 2 kids. Congrats!

Sofia Dowse said...

Yeah!!! How fun!!! I can't believe it! We are so excited for you guys! We only have about 6 weeks left and we will see if we get a boy or girl! Miss ya.

Yo said...

That is great news!! Congrats:))

Hupp Family said...

Yeah!!!! Boys are so fun! You know they say boys are usually bigger when they are born. EEEEEEKK! We are thrilled for you guys!

crystal said...

Yay! Congratulations! (hopped over from Cathy's blog)

The Stevens said...

Congrats!!! boys are so fun! So are girls but in a totally different way. So, you will never guess but guess who I ran into at my local McDonald's.......Bro. Sigafuss, from the MTC. Crazy!!! He actually lives in a neighboring area, actually he lives in my sister-in-law's ward. So weird but so cool. He still talks the same too, very calming. Pretty funny!!

Heidi Kjar said...

Yay! Our boys can be little friends! Congrats- you will love having a little boy!

Cathy Duffy said...

congrats!! we are so happy for you!

Pessoa Fam said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! Curious to see who he looks like.

Janiece said...

Congratulations!!!

Steph said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! A little boy, how fun :)

Melissa said...

Congratulations! There are so many cute boy things out there! You're such a trooper to wait and find out. I've always done anything I can to bribe the doctor to let me come before 20 weeks!

Albertson Family said...

that is so exciting, congrats lawyers! Boys are so much fun, they are totally different from girls. Hopefully Gracie will soon become tuff not to put up with the wrestling and such. (I babysit Jenny's girl who is the same age as Kyden) Miss you guys!