Friday, February 13, 2009

Toddler bed

Well, its obvious that I have been a big blogger slacker! Life has been busy as we prepare for this new little baby boy! We've been getting his room ready, and moved Gracie into a toddler bed. James and I were so excited to see how she would react to this change. The first week was so fun. She just loved it, at night she goes to bed so good, and she calls my name out in the morning to come get her. Over delighting in our success one day, I put our little "angel" down for a nap. About a half an hour later I heard strange noises in her room. I went up stairs and she had done it! Yes, she had taken off her dirty diaper, and decided she was a big girl and could clean herself. I looked around the room, and couldnt see where the diaper was. With my nose as my guide,I found a crinkled up dirty diaper stuffed in her pajama drawer. The used, dirty wipes were all stuffed back into the wipe dispenser (clever huh?)
She completed her little mascarade by taking off all her clothes and shoving them along with all her other clothes under her bed!
The next day, I thought, surely yesterday was the worst of it. So, I put her down for her nap, and low and behold a half hour later I heard lots of banging. So I went upstairs and the little "angel" had taken all of her clothes out of her drawers, pulled all her dresses off the hangers, took all the books out of the book shelves, and even took apart the humidifier, all on the floor in the room. Thanks to my sister, I realized this is just one of those times I need to get out the camera and not let myself get upset. So, I went upstairs, took some pictures, and put her back down. Thankfully, after that, she finally fell asleep.
So, the adventures continued for several days. Today is the first day she napped without getting out of her bed to see what kind of mischief her curiousity would get her into.
Hopefully, she will get it all out of her system before baby brother comes!


13 comments:

Leah said...

That's classic! She's too cute!

Rosander said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Ya, you just kind of have to smile. I'm getting better, still have some work to do on that!

Yo said...

That is so funny Katie! Is this what I have to look forward to with Landan?

SuzyO said...

SOOOO FUNNY! I love little Gracie! It was good to see you today! Call me next week!

Monsivais Family said...

I know exactly what that is like. Mia did some thing every similar. There was poop all over the walls. So not fun.. Then there was another time where she fell asleep after taking off all her clothes and her diaper.
2 year old's are so fun!!

Janiece said...

that is really funny!
Love the "putting" the dirty diapers and wipes away!

We are sure getting excited for Kira (Hermana Burgess) to get home...though she is far from feeling excited. I keep hoping see Marci in Rexburg, so far no luck.
Take Care

Emily said...

I'm so glad you took pictures! I have LOTS and now I love them and laugh. That is a funny stage. Just and FYI Scott and I have put a lock on our girls closet :-) It helps.

Sofia Dowse said...

Yup - I remember that! Annie is usually pretty good now, although once in a while she finds one of her sticker books and if we peek in to check on her after she falls asleep, we find her completely covered with stickers (including stickers in her hair, up her nose, and over her mouth and eyes). I wanted so badly to take a picture of her, but even greater than that was my desire for her to continue sleeping... Hey, you're getting pretty close now! I can't remember your due date again. We are probably coming out there the week of March 15th, maybe I can stop by and visit!

J&J said...

That is so funny! She looks so proud of herself looking over her bed, too cute:) Yep, Logan still seems to amaze me with all the mischief he gets into!
Also, I got the (parenting breakthrough)that you recommended and I've just started it and loving it!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for reminding me why I am still not ready to put Carson in a big-boy bed. I should have Jared read your post so that he too will be convinced we aren't ready for this yet.

Hupp Family said...

That's funny. Londyn changed her own diaper two days after we moved in. So much for our new carpet & to top it off, we had a party that night. I called carpet people asap. As far as the clothes thing, that is a never ending thing! They feel like they have to look at every piece of clothing until they pick one item out. So, to you I say....it starts!

Albertson Family said...

I can't laugh too hard because we haven't even tried doing that with Kyden yet. But she was pretty smart about taking her diaper off when it was durty, maybe she is ready for her own potty!

It's me, Jenny! said...

I'm glad you took a picture! It will be something to look back on and laugh at!