Thursday, June 26, 2008
Welcome Home Hermana Pickett!
My wonderul sister Marci returned home from her mission is Argentina. It was sooo good to see her again, and have her home. She was so full of joy!
The anticipation of waiting for a missionary to come home is totally overwhelming! We patiently waited at the aiport, full of excitement, and when we saw a large group of people come toward us everyone started shouting out, " I think I see her, she's coming, thats her..." So we all started crying, even before we saw her! Finally, we saw this cute blond missionary quickly walking toward us. We completely attacked her!
This last 2 weeks has been amazing. Marci shared with us her stories of the faithful people in Argentina. She helped so many come to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It brought back so many memories of serving a mission. Truly, it is an amazing blessing to see her example and her growth. Being with all my brothers and sisters was such a blast. We swam (it was 116 degrees in AZ, ate good food, and shopped (Our dear Marci needed some new clothes) So....thanks Mom and Dad, for such a wonderful trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Oh that is so awesome! I feel truly grateful for the chance that I had to serve a mission and the growth that I experienced, not to mention the people and missionaries I met;)
How wonderful for your family. It looks like ya'll had a blast together! Let me know next time you come to Arizona so we can get together!
I just cried. I love you Picketts. Marci, I can't believe what an amazing woman you've become. All of you, in truth. Marci, I'd love to hear some of your mission stories. Maybe this is silly but I think of you every time I drive past Marcy Place in the Bronx, NY. Mark and Matt are HUGE. I just can't believe so much time has gone by. Thanks to all of you Picketts for always being a tower of strength to me in my life.
What a fun time for your family. Marci is especially fortunate to have an older sister that knows exactly what it's like to come home.
What an awesome experience. My little cousin is coming home next week from Africa. We are all excited. Ben was just down in argentina last month.
What wonderful memories that brought back. Are you free between 14-15 of July for a get together with some OCMers? I'll be in town and would love to see you! Let me know jesshsu28@yahoo.com
Your family looks great, I can't believe how all grown up they are. :)
Please tell them Hi for me!
How exciting! It looks like such a blast. I want Jacob's sister, Jayni, to get on and see the pictures! How are you? Jacob and I will be coming the end of August.
This is so great! Reminds me of coming home :) In my family we have 6 girls and 2 boys, similar to yours! We (as sisters) are so close and I love it! I'm glad you had fun. :)
This is so great! Reminds me of coming home :) In my family we have 6 girls and 2 boys, similar to yours! We (as sisters) are so close and I love it! I'm glad you had fun. :)
She looks so great, actually your whole family does. I can't believe your brothers and how grown up they are. So fun.
wow, what a great experience for your family. I see your grandma at church every week and she loves talking about your family, it is so fun for her. we cant wait to see you all, we miss you!
Sounds like you're hosting an OCM get together. Let me know what time and your address and all that fun info. I would love to make it... If we don't have a baby by then, wishful thinking!
Post a Comment