Friday, December 5, 2008

Ginger bread Houses!

While my family was in town, we decided to have a contest on the most creative Gingerbread Mansion! It was boys againts girls. We had a blast doing it, and its pretty obvious who's is who's.... can you tell?
House Number one: This Mansion is equipt with a pool, and diving board,(to the left) a race car, and a garden.



House Number two: This Mansion has a mosiac floor entrance, and a colorful stained glass window!


Ya, number one was the boys, number two, us girls. I think the boys were pretty creative!

This is the recipe we used for the icing. It was quick, easy, and worked really well.. its fun, have your own family contest!

GINGERBREAD HOUSE FROSTING
3 egg whites, room temp.
1 lb. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
Beat all ing for 7 minutes.

11 comments:

Sheila said...

How cute! Thanks for sharing! I'm loving this kind of stuff right now!!

Sofia Dowse said...

Fun!!! I am so excited to do all the Christmas stuff!! How do you guys have so many cute family pictures? Love ya - hope everything is going well!!!

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Fun! I want to build a Gingerbread house now. Thanks for getting me in the spirit. Isn't it funny to see the difference between the Men and the Womens. I must say I love the marshmallow walkway. BEAUTIFUL!

The Miller Family said...

so fun girl! congrats on the little boy. I wonder if this time he will look like you since Gracie looked so much like James...

J&J said...

I love your new family picture! Gracie is absolutely adorable! I can't wait for you boy, one of each now that is great!!

Hupp Family said...

How fun! We did ours lastnight. It was totally pre-made. Well, half of it was. We cheated. You guys did a great job. Love the 'stain glass window'. Joe loves the sports car. Good job!

McKenna Cotton said...

I knew it! I was right at who's was who's!
so fun!

heather peck said...

What a fun idea!! I am going to try your icing recipe too, sound nummy! Love your new family picture!!

Rosander said...

Cute! I love that you broke up into boys and girls! They both look awesome! what a fun activity.

Steve and Carly said...

Hey, we do this too! We just have the boys (who are all builders) involved in the contest and then judge them by creativity and strength. We then drop them to the floor and the one that is still standing wins! It is great! Thanks for the recipe, I will use this one for the frosting this year. Love, Carly

Anonymous said...

I haven't made a ginger bread house since I was released from Primary. I would have the kids over in December for our class party and we would have "Christmas dinner" using my china and all and then we would break out the house materials and tons of frosting. I had so much fun!