Thursday, December 18, 2008

Treats... and snow

Here are some of my Christmas treat cravings- and the recipes!



Caramel Chocolate dipped Pretzel Rods:
These are a classic sweet and salty combo!

Melt 1 bag of carmels with 2 tsp of water in saucepan.
Dip Rods in caramel and set on foil or parchment paper to set.
Melt White or milk chocolate and dip cooled rods into it. Put in fridge to harden. So easy, sooo good!



White Chocolate popcorn:
Butter flavored popcorn (2 microwave bags)
6 squares of Almond Bark
Toasted almonds

Melt almond bark, pour over popped corn and nuts and spread on cookie sheet to cool.
Drizzle with milk Chocolate!





Gracie playing in the snow! We got dumped on, and it keeps comin!

8 comments:

The Stevens said...

UUUUMMMMM!! Yummy looking treats! I am glad that Gracie is doing fine and playing out in the snow. None of my kids have had that happen but my friends son in our ward did just a few months ago. He was shaking for about 5 min...... So So So scary. Glad all is well!

Jenn said...

Snow is more fun with children! I LOVE watching them play in all our snow.

Jeanne Lawyer said...

Look at the SNOW! I am so jealous. I have been dreaming of a "White Christmas" for the last three years and no go. Somehow I don't think my chances are going to increase in El Paso Texas.

Madsen Family said...

Ok where did you get that adorable coat for Gracie? It is so cute and looks really warm. Cute pictures!

Valerie said...

Thanks for the yummy recipes. Glad I was able to take a test taste on the Chocolate popcorn. It's delicious!
Great to see you the other day. We need to get together more often.
Merry Christmas!

J&J said...

I'm so glad you left the recipes, they look so good!!

Also, I'm so glad Gracie is doing better. That is so scary. I had know idea that this could happen until last year, so thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

Those look yummy! I'm going to try some out next week. Gracie is such a cutie.

Jen & Matt Rigby said...

Elder Rigby here.I just found your blog while looking at the mission blog site. I just wanted to say hi. I loved serving with you James - my favorite district hands down.Hope your doing well.