Friday, March 14, 2008

Curly Hair!



Ok, so in order to fully appreciate these first few pictures, you may need some back ground. You see, I am 1 of 5 sisters. All my sisters have this amazingly beautiful hair. Not only beautiful straight hair, but they each have the option to go curly also. Growing up, I would secretly envy this veritile hair of thiers. Over hearing conversations such as, "hmmm. Should I go curly today, or straight.... what do you think Katie?" Well, I will tell you what I was thinking as I looked into the mirror at my straight as a board hair.... Why cant I have curly hair too?? And oh, trust me I have tried. Hair spray, gel, moose, difusser. Nope, doesnt work. So, now that I am all grown up....HA, HA, and had Gracie... What? Could it be? Curly Hair?
So I will live vicariously through Gracies beautiful curly hair, what fun it is to do her hair!


Gracie loves to stand herself up on everything, then turn around in glowing accompliishment and wave "HI!" Soon, she'll be walking!

This just shows how closely your children watch you... even when you dont know they are. This started a few weeks ago. I was giving her a bath and she folded her arms and bowed her head. Then threw her hands up as if to say AMEN! Every morning when Gracie is in her high chair James and I say a prayer before he leaves. She was obviously watching, and now we say prayers all day over everything......


Gracie loves her little piano. Most toys keep her attention for a few days, then she's done, back to moms purse, or the nearest peice of fuzz on the carpet. But, this piano she never seems to get enough of. Here she is playing a duet with her friend Cooper Clark.

9 comments:

McKenna Cotton said...

yeah you updated!!!! hehe. And I will finally accept the fact that your little girl got the curly hair and mine didnt after I read your ever so sad story :( (How do you make a rolling my eyes symbol?)

Nicole and Scott Kesten said...

James-
Great to hear from you.. you have a beautiful baby girl. happy to see you and katie are doing well. life in chicago is great. we don't have any utah dates yet but once of these days we will make it back to an oCM reunion.

keep in touch!

Rosander said...

K she is darling! I love the Curly hair. K my sister is totally in the same mission your sister was, but how long has your sister been home. My sister just got there Jan 1 of this year. She is loving it, but said the language is hard. That is so cool. When did your sister get home. Holy cow, I just can't believe what a small world this is. Who would have thought?

Albertson Family said...

Curly hair rules! I was the opposite with my sisters growing up. Kyden has picked up on the prayer thing too, it is so fun to watch them grow up so fast. Gracie is so cute.

Sofia Dowse said...

I am so glad she got curly hair - that is sooooo cute! Annie's hair has been pretty crazy lately, I'm thinking about getting it trimmed. We'll see.

Bryan and Ashley said...

Katie what a doll!!! I love her curly hair!! And how cute that she picks up on everything!

Johnson said...

I love the little prayer pics, that is so precious. I can't believe she has curly hair. I remember at Ricks how you would try to make it curly. That is so fun. She just gets cuter and cuter each time I see pictures of her.

Sheila said...

oh my goodness!! I'm sooo with you on the curly hair thing...I can't even use a curling iron to curl my hair, Jeff laughs at me when I actually take the time to attempt to curl the ends! I love the new pictures, Gracie is so cute with her prayers!! I LOVE IT!!

Valerie said...

What a cute blog. I love the curly hair! It's funny, cuz usually those with curly hair wish it were straight and those with straight (you and me) wish we could do curly. Lucky for those who can do both! (We could with a perm!! YUCK!)
We need to get together again soon!
James good to see you briefly on Friday!