Here's the recipe that several of you have asked for!
Warning! these are highly addictive! Just plan on giving some away to a friend! Then stash a few in the freezer for an emergency chocolate/peanutbutter craving!
Ingredients:1 (16 ounce) package confectioners' sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon milk
8 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet chocolate
1 tablespoon shortening
In a mixing bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter and milk (if needed for moisture) until blended. Shape mixture into two 1/2 pound eggs or make a bunch of smaller eggs. Freeze eggs for 1 hour.
While the eggs are freezing, cut semi-sweet chocolate into small pieces and place in top of double boiler with shortening. Melt over medium heat, stirring frequently until smooth. Stick a tooth pick at the top of each peanut butter egg, dip it in melted chocolate to cover then drain on waxed paper. When the eggs are cooled and set, decorate the eggs to suit your fancy.
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Sinfully Good Peanut Butter Eggs Recipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Yeah!!! Thanks for posting these. I would love to make these this weekend. My only Easter treat was a BYU mint brownie and a little bag of Cadbury mini eggs.
Thanks Katie!! I am so excited to make these...I am obsessed with PB and chocolate!! Not a good thing :) I am so happy you are posting recipes :)
I am not even going to make these...too much of a temptation, but I will save the recipe for later though. Yes, we will be at the reunion.
Thanks! I will definitely try this!
Um...can I have a copy of your cookbook when you put it together? You are such a great cook!
Oh my goodness these look and sound so good!!! Thank you for the warning however I will still probably eat most of them!!! I have not control when it comes to treats like this. How was the OCM reunion? I saw the blog and all the pics. I wish I could have been there......the problems of living in another state. I sure miss everyone.
This made my day...and Jeff's. Thanks for taking the time to share!! We even have Reeses Creamy Peanut Butter...mmmmmmm
Post a Comment